West Liulichang Street
West Liulichang Street starts from Nanxinhua Street on the east, stops at the Dongchunshu Hutong on the west and border Liuli Alley on the south while Anping Lane on the north. It’s about 368 meters long(east-west) and 175 meters wide(north-south), covering a total area of 6.3 hectares.
West Liulichang used to be a cultural and commercial street mainly selling antiques, works of calligraphy and paintings. Now buildings of antique style are located here along the street, maintaining the style of traditional shops in late Qing Dynasty. There are also some buildings with certain historical and cultural value, mainly including the Commercial Press and the Dicang An in Liulichang West Street. The Commercial Press was founded in 1922; the whole building looks elegant with western architectural style. It was once the largest bookshop in Beijing and now it’s changed to be Huacai musical instrument shop, selling Chinese and Western musical instruments. Dicang An is located in No.101 Liulichang West Street. The time of its construction is unknown, but it should be built in the Qing Dynasty according to the char acteristics of the building. Dicang An is well preserved and used as dwelling now.
Sponsored by Xicheng District People’s Government of Beijing Municipality
Undertaken by Xicheng District Media Convergence Center
All Rights Reserved