信息详情

Rongbaozhai

Located along Liulichang Dajie, Rongbaozhai, formerly known as Songzhuzhai, went into business in 1672 during the 11th year of the Kangxi reign (1661–1722) of the Qing Dynasty, selling painting and calligraphy paper, and related products. It also sells paintings, calligraphic works or seal cuttings on behalf of artists. Since 1950 Rongbaozhai has developed watercolour block printing, an engraved-block printing technique used to duplicate well-known books and albums that were resistant to fading and rot. Today Rongbaozhai has an artistic study for continuing China’s traditional painting and calligraphic arts and is reputed a “home of painters and calligraphers.”

Sponsored by Xicheng District People’s Government of Beijing Municipality

Undertaken by Xicheng District Media Convergence Center

All Rights Reserved