Xishiku Catholic Church
Xishiku Catholic Church, also known as the North Church, has been placed under national cultural relics protection. The church was originally located at Canchikou by Zhongnanhai and officially opened in 1703. It was bestowed by Emperor Kangxi (1661–1722) of the Qing Dynasty, who also handwrote the calligraphic plaque and couplets for the building. In 1887, the thirteenth year of the reign of Emperor Guangxu (1875–1908), the churched moved to its current location. With an area of 2200 square metres and a height of 31 metres including the church spire, Xishiku is the largest Catholic Church in Beijing and is famous for its fine integration of western and eastern elements.
Sponsored by Xicheng District People’s Government of Beijing Municipality
Undertaken by Xicheng District Media Convergence Center
All Rights Reserved