The Anhui Guildhall was built in 1871 during the Qing Dynasty. It was co-funded by Li Hongzhang, the then Zhili governor-general and a powerful minister, Li Hanzhang, Li Hongzhang’s elder brother and the then Huguang governor-general and general of the Huai Army. It covers 9,000-square-metres and is divided into middle, eastern and western courtyards. There is a garden in the north. The opera tower is the largest building in this guildhall, and it is known as one of four most renowned opera towers. The Qiangxue Group, which was the most important political group during the Reform Movement of 1898, was established here. Therefore, the Anhui Guild Hall has great political significance in China’s modern history.
Sponsored by Xicheng District People’s Government of Beijing Municipality
Undertaken by Xicheng District Media Convergence Center
All Rights Reserved