Leninsky District of Minsk City of the Republic of Belarus became the sister district of Xicheng District in May, 2018.
Leninsky District is an administrative subdivision of the city of Minsk, capital of Belarus. Under the Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Council of Belarus, the district was established on April 17, 1951, named after Vladimir Lenin. It covers an area of 2,370 hectares with a population of more than 219,000. Parks, squares, boulevards, artificial lakes occupy one-fifth of the territory of the region, fully guaranteeing people’s environmentally friendly life. Important state departments such as the Presidential Office, the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and the National Supervision Committee all lie in Leninsky District. There are 19 large and medium-sized enterprises in the district, accounting for 24.5% of the total industrial production of Minsk. More than 190,000 students have studied in three institutions of higher learning.